Saturday, 15 October 2011

Been busy with the day job...

...this week, but very pleased to report that over the weekend I finished a project that I've been working on for a few months on and off, in fact I blogged about starting it here and  here.  It was originally going to be the back of a quilt made with the same jelly roll, but I decided I'd rather have two.  Here it is on my spare bed, about to be occupied by our French exchange student:

A close up of the quilting, done using coton a broder to match the colour of the binding, more or less.  I love love love how this has come out, thanks so much for the idea, Jen-down-the-road!

And showing the backing:



This was made almost cost free!  I used two old duvet covers rejected by the family, the leftovers of a jelly roll and some wadding peeled off an old king sized duvet that we can't use because we have gone to super king sized duvet & covers.  I only bought the binding and the coton a broder, together about £9.  The other quilt from the same jelly roll is also in progress and I hope I'll be able to show you that as well before the end of October.

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.