Monday, 24 October 2011

Hallowe'en is coming...

...so I turned my mind to ghoulish things.  SU has a great hallowe'en paper series with really neat iconic designs but we haven't got long to use it this season.  I'm going to have jelly beans in my basket by the door this year and was wondering what I could do that wasn't a) expensive and b) time consuming.  And "Voilà"  I have found it.

I used my pillow-box die with the bigshot to create cute little boxes out of plain/patterned paper ( you can get at least 4 out of a 12x12 sheet) and the leftovers to trim the boxes.  Because the paper's double sided you get loads of options.  Then I used the owl builder punch to make some little ghosties (just cut off the feet, it doesn't hurt them I promise) to hide the join in the wrap- around paper.  They each took about 5 minutes to make, were easy peasy and cost very little.  The only challenge now is getting the jelly beans into the boxes without eating them!

I've entered these for the inspiring Simply Stampin' Challenge blog.

6 comments:

  1. how clever! i wonder exactly how many of those jelly beans will make it into the boxes!
    Justine x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best not ask how many found their way in and have just unfortunately found their way OUT again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab way to treat your 'trick or treat-ers' I'm sure they'll love your spooky pillow boxes, and the jelly beans inside!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky little boxes. Lucky trick or treaters getting jelly beans !! Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little boxes, I also would have eaten the jelly beans! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what perfect boxes for Halloween goodies! So if you've eaten the jelly beans and someone gets an empty box, well that's a trick, right?! There has to be some tricks along with the treats surely?! ; )

    So glad you took the Simply Stampin' challenge and hope we see you again! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.