Saturday, 29 October 2011

Less is more

I made this christmas star for the less is more challenge using the large medallion stamp and lovely gold embossing, then using the pattern as a guide to cut a star.  The card is made by folding the navy paper then running through the bigshot with the "topnote" die, making sure the edge of the fold doesn't touch the edge of the die.  Now that I've done this design, it's a very quick one to reproduce!  I realised I don't have any SU Christmas messages, best have a look in the catalogue smartish before it's too late!  Hope you like it.

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely embossing on your star Helen.
    Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    If you could possibly remove the Word Verification option from your blog it would help us enormously when commentating!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Helen!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Helen, lovely embossing. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for looking ladies, and for the inspiration of your star challenge. I didn't realise I had word verification, but I think I have turned it off now, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Top Note die used to make a shaped card base Helen and the embossed star is fabulous! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Helen this is fab, what a lovely Christmas card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous star, so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The topnote die is so versatile, love your card, a fab star too!
    Sandy

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  9. a very elegant and beautiful star - looks great against the black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.