Friday, 18 November 2011

Christmas journal workshop...


...In a fire, after making sure my family is ok, I'd rescue my journals!  There is something so special about this unique record of my family, thoughts, events and feelings.  And favourite of all are my Christmas journals.  Lots of people have admired them and expressed a desire to make one for themselves, but I can tell it is a daunting prospect for many.  So...  I have decided to run a christmas journal workshop over the next four Tuesday evenings (22nd & 29th November, 5th & 12th December).  The sessions will include, in roughly this order depending on what people what to achieve:

Preparation:  Deciding on a format, getting a foundation ready, planning, putting a kit together

Getting Started: First steps into journalling, using photos, gathering your thoughts, creating foundation pages, cover and introduction page

Moving Forward: Getting some daily pages under your belt, thinking about style, using photos, additional ideas for pages

Keeping going, considering conclusions.

The workshop will be at my house, 64 Fengates Road, Redhill from 7:30 till 9:30, cost £8 per session, and will include light refreshments; you're also welcome to bring a bottle!  You will have full use of all my non-consumables like stamps and die cutters, and I will help you to chose a small kit of basics (like glue etc) and of course, paper, which I can supply if you like either direct or through Stampin Up.  If you order more than £30 of Stampin up goodies, that session will be free!  The evenings will be very informal and I'll be sharing all my christmas journal and crafting know-how and supporting you to learn new skills and create heirloom journal pages that you and your  family will love forever.

Spaces are limited so get in touch as soon as you can; I hope to hear from you soon (tel 01737 762078).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.