Sunday, 13 November 2011

My Christmas journal will definitely have a date on every page because...

1) it speeds up making a page because you can do it in advance, and can get away with not much more than the date, a photo and some words, if you're in a hurry

2) it helps me mark pages that I want to fill in later

3) it adds a kind of coherence to the whole thing, but I like how you can still vary each date a little

4) I really wanted to use my new stampin up ornament bauble punch and tim holtz alphabet

5) I have never used luggage labels before and I want to use them on this project

And that's why I was knee-deep in paper yesterday deciding what to do.

This is how I intend to use the plain date tag (the right-hand page is a sort of practice page to make sure it works and help me get going on christmas lists nice and early! Left hand page is just a draft) :


And this is the more ornate label tag for the non-pocket pages:


I expect the various tags to look different, but the same tag base and the same bauble.

You can order the Bauble punch from me if you like! It costs £15.50 + postage, but you can collect locally for free.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tiara! Checking you out from JYC. I love the blue "bauble" I could see myself using that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa
    Thanks for your comment! I have done 4 pages now, using the bauble and I think it's going to work well. I additionally like that as it's turned out there's the easy (bauble only) and fussy options depending on how busy/crafty I'm feeling on the day and how busy the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great number baubles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.