Friday, 20 April 2012

Had a SMASH-ing time...

...in the US with my children and my mum.


On our holiday I took a spiral bound book of black paper and some white gel pens. We wrote, drew and stuck stuff in as we went along to remind ourselves of our trip. I'm really pleased with it, we're going to add the photos very soon.

And while I was in the US, I made a special trip to Michaels (a bit like hobbycraft here in the UK). I was delighted to find amongst lots of other temptations, a whole display of SMASH books and accessories! They are an updated version of those dingy scrapbooks from the 60's that were made of coloured sugar-paper. But dingy SMASH books are not: they are made up of lovely themed 2-page spreads to inspire you and make your scrapbook pretty with almost no effort.  It would be perfect for a non-scrapbooking friend who's shown an interest, or a holiday where you can't take supplies with you.  Here's a video made before they were launched last year.


It's inspiring isn't it?  I'm afraid the song might be in your head all day, sorry if you don't like it... 

Smash products have been rather hard to get hold of here in England so I spent quite a while browsing and then treated myself to one (I chose ecology) and a  few accessories including the very useful double ended pen/glue stick. Watch this space for a few photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.