Saturday, 19 May 2012

I made two discoveries today...

...about suede.  I have a pink suede skirt that I loved so much, but it won't come clean anymore so I've been trying to think what I can do with this lovely material.  Today I was brave and cut it up, and discovered two things about the leather:
* you can colour it really effectively with alcohol ink (I used my spectrum noir bright pink).  It goes on surprisingly evenly and stays really bright even when it's dry.
* it goes through the BigShot like a dream, and even the embosslits cut/emboss butterfly folder. 

So I decided to make this (this one is the original colour of the suede):


and then I got colouring, and couldn't resist a touch of stickles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.