Monday, 2 July 2012

Reasons to recycle...

...spotted this today, really made me think about what I recycle, thought you might be interested (source was the environment agency).  My friends Jen-down-the-road and Jane-across-the-street have both called me a "Womble" (in the kindest possible way), due to my habit of collecting discarded tin cans and glass/plastic bottles from local pavements and recycling them.  At last I know why!

* One recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for three hours
* One recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes
* One recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for three hours.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.