Saturday, 9 March 2013

I can play now because...

...my Stampin Up spring catalogue samples have arrived!  The first piece of deliciousness I noticed is this lovely fabric bundle (129308) and Designer Series paper (129311) from the "Tea for Two" range.


As my sewing machine was still out from the quilt I just finished, and scraps of wadding were still hanging around (I am not naturally tidy - ask my husband.  On second thoughts, don't get him on the subject),  I decided to make a quilted notebook cover, it literally only took 40 minutes, I think it would make a great gift, and it's removable and even washable.  Watch this space for more designs, I just love making them.




The A6 cost 25p each from Poundland, and you can get 4 covers out of one Stampin Up fat quarter, which costs just under £3 (comes in a pack of 3), a scrap of wadding, so under £1 for the base, then go mad on embellishments!  That ribbon is sooo pretty, also from the spring catalogue, I kind of held back as it's all so pretty already, but next time...   Do get in touch to order any of these products, but don't delay - they may not be available after the end of June, and there are some great freebies available through the Sale-a-bration season which ends on Friday 22nd March (click the icon on my sidebar -->)

The catalogue really doesn't do the fabrics or papers justice, they have to be seen to appreciate how very pretty they are, which is why I am having an open house day NEXT SATURDAY, 16TH MARCH, between 11am and 7pm.  If you are local, please come by to have a look and for a free make and take. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow Helen! I'm bowled over by this gorgeous project - how clever you are! I really like the way you quilted this fabric and the way the notebook closes with this fabulous ribbon and button is perfect too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say, Vicky, thank you. I was inspired by the designer paper=covered notebook that you sent me! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.