Thursday, 7 March 2013

I saw this Mojo Monday challenge...

...and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

I had pinned this cute Easter Bunny punch art that I saw on Leena's lovely blog alacards.blogspot.co.uk as an idea for my Monday group and that circle in the sketch was begging to be a burrow. Plus I was dying to use the woodgrain embossing folder again, and here's what I came up with, hope you like it...


I just noticed I failed to add a greeting, ha ha, I think I'll look out a "sorry you're leaving"!!!





... and I used these Stampin Up punches to put it together, I just love how versatile they are:
Blossoms punch = cut 4 yellow 6 point flowers and 2 full sets of white
Bird Builder punch = cut three green branches
Ornament punch = cut 5 white, put 4 back in again to produce pointy ovals, cut off the tops
Owl Builder punch = cut two medium circles in white and a little heart in pink
Window punch = cut two in pink and put them back into the cutter to cut a 1cm piece off each
Also a large scallopped circle in white
Emboss a 4x6" piece of crumb cake with the wood grain embossing folder
Cut a 4x8" and a 4x2" piece of garden green

Stage 1
Stage 2
Fold the large green piece in half to make a 4x6 card
Ink the woodgrain in crumb cake and stick to the green card
Snip grass onto the small green piece of card and stick to the bottom of the green card
Cut the aperture using a die cutting machine or cut with scissors
Colour orange ink onto the yellow flowers and scrunch them up a bit
Assemble as shown below and in final card, starting with the front of the card/bunny's back side!
Ink in features like eyes and nose.
Oh yes, and, ADD GREETING OF YOUR CHOICE!


7 comments:

  1. I love your bunny!!! I'd love to put your art on my blog with a link to your blog. OK
    Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went ahead and shared it on my blog for you
    http://latenitestampinwithsherill.blogspot.com/2013/03/helen-plays-along-with-mojo-monday.html
    hope you get more blog visitors that way.
    hugs, sherrill graff late night stamper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sherril. Please feel free to re-blog anything of mine you like!

      Delete
  3. This is AWESOME! Soooo clever- I just luv that bunny face lookin at you when you open up the card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I love that the card has two sides, I think my Monday group are going to lurrve it too! I can't take credit for the idea though, do take a look at Leena's lovely blog alacards.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Great card. I had a look at Leena's blog, and think I like your interpretation more! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, glad you were inspired!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.