Monday, 1 April 2013

Time for a new filofax...

...how extravagant!

Well, not really, I just took my old one and made a little cover for it with the new more amore fabric from Stampin'Up.




It's good that it's removable because it means I can wash it if it gets grubby (and it probably will as it goes everywhere with me!)  I just wrapped a piece of wadding round my filofax and used it as a template for the outside and inside fabrics.  I quilted the top and hemmed one long side of the inside pieces, then sewed front and back together following the drawn lines on the wadding.  Then I trimmed the wadding and clipped the corners, turned it right way out, and gave it a quick press before slipping it on to the filofax.

If you'd like a custom cover for your filofax or notebook, or to order some of this delicious fabric, please do get in touch...

4 comments:

  1. It IS delicious fabric and another loving sewing project. I can't wait to see what you come up with next Helen! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!

    This could be the beginning of a new business for you!

    "FiloCovers"

    Which Filofax are you covering in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking the same Linda. This is a "personal" sized organiser lined with wadding. I'm thinking that the more padded filofaxes are probably best covered only with 2 or even one layer of fabric?

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.