Monday, 17 June 2013

At Crafty Monday workshop today...

... we played with heat embossing.  We tried embossing dominoes, on card with clear powder on coloured ink, with white, with sparkly, with gold-on-black, you name it, we played with it.  And I forgot to take any photos.  But I got one of the card I made.  It's so so simple, but heat embossing always makes a design more special:
I used Stampin Up Crumb Cake cardstock, and the "best of Flowers" and "Secret Garden" that you've seen before, stamped in versamark and embossed in white embossing powder.  The happy birthday is a retired SU greeting.  Top tip for this kind of random stamping: always use a bigger piece of cardstock and be sure to go over the edges with some of your images. When you're finished, you can crop the nicest part and get rid of the dodgy bits (unless you don't have dodgy bits, in which case, be happy, use the leftovers for tags and ignore me).  I sat on my hands and didn't use any of my favourite organza ribbon, but it wasn't easy, reader, no it was not!

1 comment:

  1. White embossing is so effective on Crumb Cake! I love the simplicity of this card Helen and don't think it lacks a ribbon at all! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.