Monday, 2 September 2013

Do Something New Every Day...

... is what I'm calling my latest project.  I am taking part in an online class for September that is called "Learn Something new every day" (see my previous post) or LSNED for short. As this is my third time doing the class I was looking for a "twist" and decided in a flash of inspiration yesterday to try out some new habits this month. So it will be "Do Something New Every Day" instead!

The expression "Turning over a new leaf" was going through my mind, so I have started a leaf-shaped book using some beautiful hoarded papers from Basic Gray (mostly the Indian Summer Collection) plus one grungy tim holtz paper.  I picked up a sycamore leaf outside church yesterday to use as a template, and so far I'm really pleased with the book I'm making. I have needed some really pointy sharp scissors and my StampinUp snips have turned out to be perfect.  Hopefully I will finish it today and will be able to show it to you tomorrow.

My plan is to choose a new habit every day and then keep it up till the end of September.  As I've given myself Sundays off for a weekly "review", that makes 25 new habits by the end of the month, so these are not great big resolutions, but very quick, easy, small habits, although maybe part of a bigger goal. Today, for my first habit, I thought I'd start really easy and it is: "Drink a large glass of squash before breakfast".

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your project. This sounds like it will be fun and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine! I have just finished my leaf book and will put it on line tomorrow. Might you play along too?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow - the leaf-shaped book sounds amazing - looking forward to seeing it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your enthusiasm is contagious Helen!!!! Can't wait to see the new book!!!! And, I've gotta ask...how do you drink a glass of squash???? xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Hee hee re: squash. We have two kinds of squash in the UK. One is a strangely bulbous vegetable, but the other is a fruity concentrate that you put into water to make it taste nice - like a cordial. ... Actually, there is a third, that's the kind you get when there are too many people in a lift (I mean *elevator*). xxx

      Delete
  4. Oooh - will have to try the fruity concentrate next time I'm in the UK! :) I can add to your squash list...a game like racquetball with a court and small ball and what some insensitive people do to bugs crawling on the floor in their home :) Hmmm, could it be that "squash" becomes an inspiration for a challenge?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.