Friday, 13 September 2013

It feels like ages...

...since I blogged; it's great to be back!  I haven't been able to put any photos up because my dh is off on holiday with my camera, but today I had a brainwave: use my scanner durrr.

Hope this card gives you a giggle:


I made the hippos with the wonderful owl punch (still my favourite crafting buy ever, only £15.50 from StampinUp - item number 118074 -, click here to buy on-line, or even better give me a call on 01737 762078) and the extra large oval punch, cut out of the very versatile soft suede cardstock, and some retired water-effect paper.  The top-left googly eye seems to have got stuck with static, but I have decided it adds to the comic effect!

Have a great weekend. x

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love new ideas for my owl punch and I have never seen a hippo done with it before! Got to try this one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria, hope you're well!
      I saw some hippos made with the owl punch on pinterest but having looked at photos of real hippos, I think this version is more realistic...

      Delete
  2. You crack me up! How totally cute!!!! LOVE your hippos and their conversation! :) Thanks for asking about the flooding here - we are staying as dry as possible - no water worries at our home - just wet dogs and cats!, but there are so many that are being impacted. I know we will all be happy to see the sun when it returns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have caused much merriment in my family with this card Helen - we do like a pun! Love the cute hippos and the fabulous underwater scene. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.