Sunday, 15 September 2013

Sympathy cards are best made...

...when you DON'T need one!

Eh?

Well, when I'm sad about something the last thing I want to do is craft about it, so I generally have a small stash of sympathy cards ready in case I need one.  I also happen to think that sympathy cards shouldn't look like you've enjoyed making them toooo much!  This card design crept up on me as a combination of bits and pieces waiting to be put away. I'm really pleased to use the lily I made in seconds with my "Simply Pressed Clay" from StampinUp (wonderfully versatile and fun), and those oval framelits are coming in useful again, including the one I used "upside down" to emboss the outside oval that you can just about see!  I used Kraft White Ink and a sponge dauber to soften all round the edges, maybe you can just about see?   No need to adjust your set, Reader, sorry for the fuzziness -  my camera can't cope too well with depth of focus!



Here are the main products I used:
Simply Pressed Clay 130685
Simply Pressed Clay

Oval Framelits 129381
Ovals Collection Framelits Dies 

Organza Ribbon 114319
Whisper White 5/8 Inch Organza Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
Occasions Alphabet : (26 greetings stamps) 128688
Occasions Alphabet - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!



Order online through my shop here.  Spend and Save: when you spend £150 or above, you will receive at least £25 credit to spend on any of the current catalogues, including the exclusive special value hostess products. Or give me a call anytime with all questions crafty on 01737 762078!

Thanks for visiting, see you next time x

4 comments:

  1. What a clever way to make a lily Helen! I really love these sentiments too and it's a shame the scanner wouldn't take a clear scan. Would your phone take good photos? You've probably thought of that already, it's just that mine surprised me with its clarity recently! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, my phone isn't going to surprise ANYONE! It's total pants! Hubby's back today though, I might re-take this pic. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and soft card! I so love the lily!!!! And the little ribbon you tied on it is perfect! And now for a totally silly question...how did you get those great thumbnails of the products you used for the card???? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Have emailed you some instructions. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.