Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Celebrating butterflies ...

Last week's card was bees, today it's butterflies.  Even though autumn is well and truly set in here in Surrey, I still saw a butterfly in the garden this week and it reminded me of a lovely card I saw being made by a US demonstrator, Brandy Cox, using the new "Best of Butterflies" stamp set.   She kindly gave me permission to use her design as inspiration, so here is my cased card, changed to use some shiny silver card and super-cute silver ribbon (both new in the autumn/winter catalogue), as well as a greetings set only available to hostesses:




I love the way the circle trembles, making it look like the butterfly is about to take off!  I made a second one with a different butterfly stamp (now retired), they both have a butterfly on the inside too (thanks for the reminder about getting it the right way up, Brandy, I would definitely have got it wrong!), this on I stamped on whisper white and watercoloured with soft sky and coastal cabana.

Brandy makes really informative and entertaining YouTube tutorials; here she is demoing the card I've just cased:

For today's card I used the following StampinUp products that you can purchase either online in my shop or directly from me on 01737 762078 or helen@tiaratiara.co.uk.

Circle Framelits - set of 10 (130911).  If you have a die cutter like the Big Shot, this is an investment you would  never regret
Circles Collection Framelits Dies
Best of Butterflies (133345)
Best Of Butterflies Clear-mount Stamp Set

Express Yourself exclusive Hostess Stamp Set - (available when you spend £150 or more in the stampinup shop)130336 (wood) 130339 (cling)

Express Yourself

Foil Sheets Silver (132178) and Gold (132622)

Silver Foil Sheets

Silver 1/8" Ribbon (132137)

Silver 1/8" Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. How lovely Helen! I love the way the butterfly hovers in the centre of the card. Hope you had a good weekend. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.