Tuesday, 1 October 2013

It's the little things...

...that make life big.

I have been meaning to make this card for ages.  I have a lovely friend who keeps bees and I wanted to give her a card featuring them.  The StampinUp hexagon embossing folder was just the thing. I haven't treated myself (yet) to the new Backyard Basics bundle that features a bee stamp and matching die cutter (it would have saved me time though!), so instead I fussy cut some critters stamped with a retired bee stamp instead.  Lots of goldy/orange coloured layers including the new gold ink pad, and I couldn't resist that lovely greeting (also retired). Finished it off with some teeny tiny pearls.

It reminds me to snap up stamp sets that I love, as they won't be around forever.  Hope you like it.


I have actually matted it onto chocolate chip cardstock, I just cropped the photo too close!

You can get these products in my StampinUp shop click on the crazy dogs to the right...

Honeycomb textured Impressions embossing folder
Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Basic Pearls Jewel Accents
Basic Pearls Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!

Gold metallic encore pad

Gold Metallic Encore Pad

Backyard basics - stamp set, framelit set, or a bundle of both
Backyard Basics Wood Bundle

2 comments:

  1. What a really stunning card Helen! The bees are perfect partners for the embossing folder. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous!!!! I love your creative use of the honeycomb embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.