Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Making a personal connection...

...is the most important thing to me in my life.

Whether it's with my family, or with new or old friends, my best days are ones where I have really *got* someone, and felt they really got me.  That moment where you meet someone's eye or read their words and you just know they were feeling it too.

If you follow any other UK Stampin Up blogs, you are probably already aware that we have just had our European Convention, a place where lots of SU demonstrators (and I mean LOTS) got together for a few days to hear about all that's new and important to us all at SU. I'm going to do another post about swaps, but I wanted to share with you what I loved most about being there:

We had some wonderful demonstrators showing us new techniques and ideas up on the main stage.  Every so often they would demo a technique that was new to us, or show us a rather special new product.  At those moments, just before a round of applause, there was a sort of collective sigh, an excited "phoar" under the breath, that rippled round the whole room.  Those are the moments I'll treasure most.  Because within it, there was not just one, but a whole room of people who at that moment, I really got, and knew they got me.

And that's why I'm a StampinUp demo.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen . .. stopping by to say HELLO as a fellow Inkcredibles team member. Sounds like you had so much at convention. Moi? Jealous? Nah! (just a lovely shade of green now!).

    Hugs, Sarn Stamping For Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for paying me a visit Sarn, hope to see you at an SU meet up of some sort really soon (and put 16-18 October 2014 for Convention in Brussels in your diary!) xxx

      Delete
  2. We did have a great time didn't we - can't wait to meet up next time - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a wonderful time!!!!! And so glad that it is because of Stampin' Up! that we have made a connection too!!!! xoxoxxo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.