Saturday, 16 November 2013

Simply Pressed Clay...

...to the rescue!

I wanted to make an autumn card for a very special friend recently and didn't have a template for the leaves I needed ...or did I???  My girls enjoy cake decorating and I had recently bought them a rather sweet silicone mould with an acorn and oak leaves.  I realised that I could use my stampin up simply pressed clay in these to make my leaves:




Once the clay had dried I used ink in a spritzer to get the colour on (it ran into the cracks conveniently emphasising the veins), then built up the other colour using an aqua painter.(I did use a bit of surgical spirit (US=rubbing alcohol) in the spritzer too but I'm not sure it needed it, I just like the smell....) I then glazed it with crystal effects liquid to seal.  Just love how that little acorn came out - this clay is just wonderful to use (not at all messy) and so versatile!  For the card I used matching leaf stamp and die from the very pretty secret garden bundle, a sweet doiley and the happy birthday greeting from the new hostess set express yourself.

Order some clay today - visit the StampinUp online shop search for clay or better still give me a call and we can talk craftiness... 01737 762078.

1 comment:

  1. This is a stunning project Helen! It's amazing what you can do with this fabulous clay. It was great to catch up with you at convention - hope to see you soon. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.