Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Haven't blogged much lately...

... I seem to have been too busy one way and another.  One of the projects keeping me busy has been this new quilt, this time specifically destined to cover my spare room bed which doubles as a sofa (and general dumping ground, obviously).  Here it is, finished at last:




I used a selection of fabrics from the "noteworthy" collection by sweetwater for Moda - I just love the doodling fabric on the back. Just as well it's busy because I made a few boobs with the machine quilting - I much prefer to quilt by hand even though it takes longer...

If you live in the area (Redhill, Surrey), why not come along to my friendly quilting club? We meet 3rd Tuesdays, from 7:30.  See the tab at the top of this blog for more details, or give me a call..

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Helen! Wish I could come to the quilting club!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi helen, i saw Your comment in the "butterflies layout" of Stacy Cohen, i did a scraplift yesterday and used the two butterfly punches of Martha Stewart... The médium butterfly (it comes the médium one and two little) are punched just in the corner of the paper and with the precision scissors you have to outline those butterflies. The bigger punch goes deeper, because it goes alone. Hope this helps you!!! I'm in Facebook of you need it... Regards from México!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are multi-talented Helen. I absolutely love this beautiful quilt in those beautiful soft colours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.