Tuesday, 25 March 2014

In last week's card class...

...I introduced two different techniques that we used to make this card:

First we sprayed A4 white cardstock with a mixture of Ink Refill and Surgical Spirit (US translation: Rubbing Alcohol).  I have to tell you it smelled great in there by the time we'd finished!  We completed the paper by drying thoroughly with a heat tool and stroking with the embossing buddy to remove static. Then we stamped the gorgeous Swallowtail Butterfly with versamark and embossed with a choice of embossing powder.  As it happened, this was a scratch piece that we had used behind some other pieces, but it was too nice to waste so I quickly stamped on that one as I was clearing up!  As we'd used stampin up's melon mambo re-inker it was a no-brainer to decide what colour card to mount it on!

As always my lovely ladies came up with lots of variations of colour and layouts, including blending the ink colours, and black embossing, all very effective. I can see that this stamp is going to be extremely useful.

PS you might want to wear some disposable gloves if you're trying this at home - unless you're like me and don't mind inky fingers.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty image for spring!!!! I love that Swallowtail :) Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. I am planning a "spotlight" blog on this, I am so impressed with what I've seen around the web... watch this space!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous card Helen! I bet you all had a wonderful time at your class! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky - we did, and I always love to see what inspiring variations my ladies come up with!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.