Thursday, 5 June 2014

Tarting up my crafting storage...

... shouldn't really be a priority, but we crafters all understand that part of the joy of crafting is ORGANISING our stuff, right?  And we are due a brand new Stampin' Up annual catalogue on July 1st, so I have been making some space in my little crafting island from Storage4Crafts.co.uk.

While I was doing this, I decided it looked way too functional for our traditional Victorian home.  So I decided to go vintage and spent a joyful few hours cutting grungy collage style papers to fit all the little drawers.  I used my Stampin Up envelope punch board to cut out the spaces for the little handles, and round the edges, it made what could have looked quite messy into a very neat job.  Then I edged the papers all round with Stampin Up crumb cake ink to finish it off.

Then I was looking for a cool way to label the drawers, aiming for a sort of apothecary drawer effect.
Believe it or not,  I made it by cutting stampin up's gold card into 2.5cm x 10cm strips, and used the scalloped square punch like this:


090927punch1

Here's how it turned out













(I got this great idea from Mary-Ellen Stites' website www.createwithme.com.)


I am so pleased with the final result; here's before:


...and after:




How do you store your crafting stuff?  I'd love to see a piccy, just put a link into the comments section...


PS
When I bought this unit my aim was to reduce my craft materials so that they all fit inside this unit. Ha! What was I thinking?  I have a whole wardrobe and large drawer upstairs still stuffed to the gills!  So much for good intentions...

6 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant idea for showcasing all your favourite papers Helen! I love this! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Helen! I love how much better it looks...terrific! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizy. It's taken me a while to get it done, from the idea to actually finishing it, glad you like it. x

      Delete
  3. So glad that little tip helped you organize! Looks GREAT! ~Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and commenting, Mary-Ellen, and for sharing your great idea. xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.