Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Project Life-style scrapbooking...

...appealed to me as soon as I saw it!  What's more, StampinUp has recently created an exclusive Project Life line for SU customers, and I love it to bits.

I have enjoyed scrapbooking since I first came across it in 2009 and my albums and journals are the one thing I would rescue from a fire (after my family of course!).   So when one of my dearest friends had her 50th birthday party recently, it seemed like a great opportunity for a page, and as it was going to be very photo heavy, I decided the super-versatile and quick pocket system would be ideal.  Here it is:

You get a variety of different combinations of pockets but this particular one was perfect and helped me to decide how to do the layout too.  You get a great set of journalling cards that all coordinate with each other so it was easy to pick a selection that worked together, and then extract some of the elements for little embellishments too.  It was quick, and less angst-y than some pages I have done, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

We try to get a photo of the three of us whenever we can (the first one was in 1986 I believe), but we can never remember what order we're supposed to be in!  I feel very old, but I apparently still haven't learned how not to "gurn" in photos...

Would you like to have a go at Project Life scrapbooking?  Then come along to Paper Playground at my house, usually on the 4th Tuesday of the month!  See the events tab for details.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page Helen! I always love photos that follow the same people through the years. Don't you go round feeling old now - you are fabulous inside and out! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you ma'am... and it takes one to know one xxxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.