Monday, 17 November 2014

Beautiful Autumn colours...

... don't suit me to wear, but I really do love seeing them at this time of year.  I enjoyed the oranges and reds of my previous post so much, I thought I'd play with the large "thanks" stamp from the Seasonally Scattered set:


I considered colouring the stamp with markers, but decided in the end it would take too long and I went with the "baby wipe inking method".  It's probably not called that, but that's what it is in my head anyway.  Just put a few baby wipes in a pile on a waterproof surface and select a few colours from your re-inkers.  I used  pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, tangerine tango,and real red.  Drop on some random blobs over the centre of your baby wipe with each colour. I think I did about 7 blobs of each. It doesn't matter if they don't quite join, as they will spread when you press down the stamp on the baby wipe pad.  Test it first to make sure you're getting the desired effect, adjust, then stamp away.  I got about 10 impressions out of one baby wipe pad - it's not because it dries out, but because the blobs all blend into one colour and the effect is not differentiated enough. I made 10 different but similar cards:

I discovered the edges of the stamp are great for decorating the edge of the card too!  They are brighter than the photo IRL but I'm not very good with the camera!  I also lined three of the red cards:



2 comments:

  1. A fab collection of cards Helen - beautiful colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are just gorgeous Helen and I agree - this is definitely the best technique to use with these gorgeous stamps! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.