Friday, 14 November 2014

Inspired again...

...by StampinUp's best upline!

I got a charming birthday card last week from lovely Vicky, isn't it pretty?


I found myself wondering how she stamped the background until I realised it is current designer paper.  But by then it was too late! I had set my mind to working out how to produce similar paper by stamping.  There is a super pretty little bunch of leaves in the Holiday Home polymer stamp set but they are in such a tight group I couldn't see how to get the colours different without an awful lot of individual colouring.  In a moment of inspiration I realised yet another benefit to photopolymer!  I simply cut them up and mounted them like this: 
Then I just stamped away in a series of different autumn colours, being sure to rotate the block to avoid a pattern appearing.   I was really pleased with my own personal "DSP":

Now I have to be extra careful not to loose the stamps as they are very small.  I heard a tip yesterday that I will pass on to you:  as soon as you break open your stamps, use an ink that will permanently stain them even after cleaning so that you can see them when they go astray!

5 comments:

  1. Doh - just use markers next time Helen - no need to cut your stamps up! Lovely card though - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline. Surprisingly, it takes about x100 stampings to get the leaves to pile up at the bottom, I just didn't have the patience to do that with markers!

      Delete
  2. WOW! I thought I was doing rather well with mine until I saw your stunner Helen! FABULOUS stamping! Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky, but your stamping is second to none! Today's is no exception http://craftingclare.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/one-layer-snow-scene-card-using-white.html.

      PS to anyone wondering, I would like to confirm that we actually don't have a *formal* mutual admiration society!

      Delete
  3. Have just seen this Helen and you've got me giggling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.