Monday, 8 December 2014

My spiral flower wreath...

....has gone all "Christmas".

When I first saw this post on pinterest and started this project I thought it would make a pretty Easter Wreath...then maybe an autumn one...my birthday... then maybe Hallowe'en.  But I am a bit of a dreamer and tend to create more in my head than in the real world, so it was only today that I finally finished something worthy of the front door! I made the wreath out of some pages of an antique dictionary I found in a charity shop, which I cut with the brilliant Spiral Flower Bigz cutter from StampinUp.  This one ended up with over 100 hand rolled roses, secured with the brilliantly sticky tombow glue, and as I finished it I realised I had just the embellishment for it: my beautiful "Peace" ornament made for me by Michelle from Denver for Christmas 2012.  I think they look like they were made for each other, what do you say?






Luckily, this wreath is repurposable; I will be able to replace the beautiful embellishment and hopefully re-use the wreath base for many seasons to come!

2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous.
    PS Did you get my email re date mix up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that wreath and love that the embellishment found the perfect place to spend the holiday!!!! xoxoxxo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.