Sunday, 8 February 2015

Tap, tap. tap...

...says the typewriter!  Ever since I saw the "Tap, Tap, Tap" stamp set from StampinUp I have been wanting to have a go at making a 3-D item with the Typewriter image and somehow it has taken me till now to really get to grips with it. I had the idea of silver-embossing the typewriter on a black petite purse and putting a little roll of paper inside the purse that came out through a hole cut in the right place on the typewriter, but it didn't look right and I was a little disheartened.  Then I saw this super project by Cecile at Lezards de Cilou, that reminded me of my lack of persistence and that it could be done, and I had another go.  I have come up with this dinky little Valentine's project, that I lurrve, hope you love it too! Sorry about the excessive watermarking, I haven't quite worked out how to do it nicely yet...

Isn't it cute?  But wait, it gets cuter:




There's an 11inch strip of paper on which you can write lots more messages, that rolls up and is stored in the bottom of the box.  There is also just enough space for a little gift in the bottom too: maybe a RING????, or a teeny chocolate heart or even your last Rolo...

This was a fiddly project to work out, but it's not difficult to do... Would you like a template and instructions?  Leave a comment for me below and if I get enough interest I'll oblige...

I just love this versatile little stamp set.  Would you like it?  Follow this link to order it online from inkredibly creative and my absolute favourite UK demonstrator, Vicky Hayes. xxx

7 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!! And you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little project - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josie, glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Squee! I adore this Helen and just wish I'd seen it before Valentines Day! And what a sweet testimonial too - thank you, you are lovely :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEXT valentines day, maybe, dear lady? Glad you like it. x

      Delete
  4. Just found this cute Tap Tap Tap project. You are soooo clever.
    Would love the instructions or template of you have one.
    Thanks so much for all the awesome inspiration on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.